About the MSO
The Mennonite Sports Organization (MSO) - a program of Lancaster Mennonite School - serves congregations, children and families by providing athletic activities within the Christian community, keeping Christ and the Church at the center of life. The MSO enhances congregational youth ministries by allowing youth to play together in an environment that strengthens Christian character.
- To teach fundamental skills
- To have all children enjoy practice and games
- To develop Christian character
- To develop good sportsmanship
- The focus is not necessarily on winning, but on learning the game, team unity, and good sportsmanship. If a “travel team” is formed to develop further technical and tactical skills, the games will be played with an emphasis on effort to win with good sportsmanship.
The registration fee is just $30 per player; additional players in a family are $25 each, up to a maximum of $80 per family. A team shirt is provided in the price.
Practice and Play Facilities
For practices, players will have the opportunity to use the facilities of Lancaster Mennonite School’s three elementary campuses:
- Kraybill Campus, near Mount Joy in northwest Lancaster County
- Locust Grove Campus, east of Lancaster near the Lancaster Campus
- New Danville Campus, south of Lancaster
Games will be played at the Lancaster Campus, which offers MSO athletes the opportunity to use first-class high school facilities.
The MSO offers soccer for boys and girls, basketball for boys and girls, and field hockey (girls only) at the elementary level. Boys soccer and field hockey will be in the fall, basketball in the winter, and girls soccer in the spring.
Practice and Game Schedule
Practice times and locations will be determined by coaches after the teams are set up.
Practice will be one afternoon or evening per week.
Most games will be played Saturday morning.
The MSO provides the opportunity for students from the same geographical area to play together. We will do our best to organize teams in a way that reduces travel time. The MSO currently offers three practice locations and hopes to expand to other locations in the near future.